The European Perioperative Intensive Care Course (EPICC) is an innovative, comprehensive learning experience for ESICM members in the field of Perioperative Medicine, under the umbrella of the Perioperative Intensive Care (POIC) Section. The course includes the post important aspects of perioperative patient care and discuss ways of managing challenges of the perioperative patient. EPICC is a flexible and transversal educational programme, comprehending e-learning, interactive webinars and face-to-face workshops where ESICM members will be able to tailor learning activities to specific educational needs. CoBaTrICe competencies have been translated to outcome based educational aims. Those outcome based education principles have become the leading trait in medical education of the last 15 years. Outcome based education ensures that the training is delivered to specific needs and provide accountability.
EPICC editors are:
- Bernardo Bollen Pinto, Department of Anaesthesiology, Pharmacology and Intensive Care, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
- Bjorn Weiss, Department of Anesthesiology and Operative Intensive Care Medicine ,Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany.
- Dagmar Schulte, Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, Universitätsklinikum Giessen und Marburg GmbH, Justus-Liebig-University, Giessen, Germany
- Ib Jammer,Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
- Michael Sander, Department of Anaesthesiology, Intensive Care Medicine and Pain Therapy, Universitätsklinikum Giessen und Marburg GmbH, Justus-Liebig-University, Giessen, Germany
The following e-modules and e-courses will be part of EPICC: